Connect with us

Health & Lifestyle

Phil Mickelson set to miss The Masters for first time in 28 years

Published

on

Phil Milkelson and Tiger Woods shake

The 51-year-old is no longer listed in the field of active players competing at next month’s Masters; the three-time winner has been listed as a “past champion not playing” on the tournament website; The Masters starts on April 7 at the Augusta National Golf Club
Phil Mickelson is set to miss The Masters for the first time in 28 years, after being removed from the list of competitors for next month’s tournament.
phil mickelson and tiger woods
The three-time winner has been listed as a “past champion not playing” on the tournament website.
Mickelson is currently taking a break from golf following the fall-out from his comments about the PGA Tour and a potential Saudi-backed rival circuit.

The 51-year-old six-time major winner has not played since the Saudi International tournament in February.
Mickelson has participated at Augusta National every year since 1994, having made his Masters debut in 1991, and won the green jacket in 2004, 2006 and 2010.

Mickelson announced towards the end of February he was taking a break from golf “to work on being the man I want to be”.
Phil Milkelson
He also apologised for his “reckless” comments about a proposed Saudi-backed breakaway league and said he would be stepping away from the sport.

Earlier in February, an author, Alan Shipnuck, of an upcoming unauthorised biography on Mickelson released excerpts from the book in which the golfer called the Saudis “scary” but said he was willing to look past their human rights records to gain leverage with the PGA Tour.

Saudi Arabia’s government has denied accusations of human rights abuses.

See also  Phil Mickelson, wife Amy Mickelson photos through the years

Mickelson apologised for the comments, which he claimed were off the record. The long-time fan favourite has since found himself isolated and has also lost a number of sponsors.
Greg Norman admits it may take time to attract star names to the new Saudi-backed LIV Golf Invitational Series and insists Phil Mickelson will always be welcome to compete in the events.
The former world No 1 announced on Wednesday that the Centurion Club in Hertfordshire will host the first of eight 54-hole tournaments, played across the three continents during a five-month period, with prize purses bigger than anything currently available in the professional game.
Phil Milkelson and family
Norman will be sending a letter to all of the world’s top 250 to invite them to feature in the events, offering a draft-style team element as well as the individual competition, although the tournament organisers are currently not sure on who will feature in the inaugural series.

Phil Mickelson hasn’t played since apologising last month for his “reckless” comments regarding the proposed Saudi-backed breakaway league, where he accused the PGA Tour of “obnoxious greed” and acting like a “dictatorship”.
Mickelson describing the Saudi government were “scary “motherf*****s” and that he was only using the new tour as leverage to more money from the PGA Tour, although Norman would still be happy to see six-time major champion – or any player – tee it up in his tournaments.

“We’re not saying you have to play here and have play there, we’re just giving them [players] opportunities to have a choice about where to play,” Norman said.
“If they want to play then the door is wide open and the door is also wide open for Phil Mickelson. I spoke to him last night and had a good, long conversation. There’s not a person on this planet that hasn’t said something that they wish they could take back.
phil mickelson and tiger woods
“You’ve got to be able to allow the individuals and the players to have choice and we’ll give them the choice to do that. If they don’t want to come, so be it. I’m not stopping them and I’m not saying they’re going to be banned for life if you don’t do it – it’s their choice.”

See also  HOME WWE star Sasha Banks on attending Eddie Guerrero’s tribute show

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Health & Lifestyle

Elon Musk and Grimes’ Relationship Timeline: The Way They Were

Published

on

Elon Musk
Elon Musk and Grimes’ Relationship Timeline: The Way They Were

A roller coaster romance. Elon Musk and Grimes, whose real name is Claire Boucher, were first linked in May 2018 and have since welcomed a son together.

The couple made their red carpet debut in May 2018, shortly after reports surfaced of their relationship. However, it has not always been smooth sailing for the businessman and the singer. They weathered split rumors and a very public feud with Azealia Banks in August 2018 before reuniting.

Elon Musk

Fans speculated about their status for months, as the pair continued to be spotted together everywhere from the Kardashian-Jenner family Christmas party to China.

Musk and Grimes seemingly confirmed they were back on when she announced in January 2020 that she was pregnant. Though she did not caption her Instagram photo that showed off her baby bump, she referred to herself as “knocked up” in the comments section.

Nearly two months later, the Canada native revealed in a Rolling Stone profile that the Tesla CEO was the father of her child. She opened up in the interview about the impact of their relationship on her career. “No one believes me about this, but I just did not understand what I was getting into at all,” she explained. “Not that I’m mad about it. I just didn’t think it would be a thing. The s–t that’s happened with my boyfriend this year has overwritten so much of my life’s work.”

Grimes described her pregnancy as a major decision, made in part because of her trust in Musk. “For a girl, it’s sacrificing your body and your freedom. It’s a pretty crazy sacrifice and only half of the population has to do it. It was really profound to me when I decided I was going to do it, to actually go through the act of like, y’know, unprotected sex,” she admitted. “I’m just like, ‘I have sacrificed my power in this moment. I have, like, capitulated.’ And I have spent my whole life avoiding that situation. I have never capitulated to anything, so it was just a profound commitment.”

See also  Phil Mickelson getting $6 million bonus from ‘greedy’ PGA Tour

Elon Musk

She added: “I do actually just really love my boyfriend. So I was like, ‘You know, sure.’”

In September 2021, the businessman told Page Six, “[Grimes and I] are semi-separated but still love each other, see each other frequently and are on great terms.”

The “Realiti” artist confirmed in a March 2022 Vanity Fair profile that the pair welcomed daughter Exa Dark Sideræl Musk via surrogate in December 2021. Several hours after the article’s publication, Grimes confirmed that the pair had called it quits.

“Me and E have broken up *again* since the writing of this article haha, but he’s my best friend and the love of my life, and my life and art are forever dedicated to The Mission now,” she tweeted at the time. “I think Devin wrote that part of the story rly well. Sique – peace out.”

Scroll to revisit the milestones from Grimes and Musk’s relationship:

Grimes and Elon Musk at the MET Gala Elon Musk and Grimes Relationship Timeline
Credit: Matt Baron/Shutterstock

Elon Musk

May 2018
Reports claimed the musician and the entrepreneur were dating in May 2018. The two debuted their romance at the Met Gala at the time. She later confirmed that their love connection was born when he messaged her after seeing a tweet she wrote about thought experiment Roko’s Basilisk.

Elon Musk and Grimes at Hyperloop Pod Competition Elon Musk and Grimes Relationship Timeline
Credit: ZUMAPRESS.com/MEGA
July 2018
Musk and Grimes attended the Hyperloop Pod Competition with his five sons in July 2018. He shares twins and triplets with ex-wife Justine Wilson.

See also  Stefanos Tsitsipas comments on Rafael Nadal's 'inspiring comeback'

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

Tiger Woods chastises Phil Mickelson for his Saudi viewpoint

Published

on

Phil Mickelson
Tiger Woods chastises Phil Mickelson for his Saudi viewpoint

TULSA, Okla. — Tiger Woods is all about majors and legacy, a point he drove home Tuesday in a sharp rebuke of Phil Mickelson and his support of a Saudi-funded golf venture that led to Lefty not defending his title at the PGA Championship.

Even as Woods resumes a remarkable return from a car crash 15 months ago that nearly led to his right leg being amputated, the PGA Championship cannot escape the absence of Mickelson and speculation about who might sign up for Greg Norman’s new Saudi-backed golf series.

Phil Mickelson

Woods said he has not tried to reach out to Mickelson since his self-imposed hiatus from golf three months ago, mainly because of their difference of opinion on how golf should be run.

“I understand different viewpoints, but I believe in legacies. I believe in major championships. I believe in big events, comparisons to historical figures of the past,” Woods said.

“There’s plenty of money out here,” he said. “The tour is growing. But it’s just like any other sport — it’s like tennis — you have to go out there and earn it. You’ve got to go out there and play for it. We have opportunity to go ahead and do it. It’s just not guaranteed up front.”

People are also reading…
UPDATE: Pedestrian struck in crash in 5300 block of 22nd Avenue in critical, but stable condition, according to Kenosha police
Toddler orders 31 McDonald’s cheeseburgers on DoorDash, to Texas mom’s surprise
Basketball: Central senior Jack Rose commits to play at NCAA Division I UW-Green Bay
Husband of community leader shot and killed in Uptown Racine
That was a reference to some of the Public Investment Fund money out of Saudi Arabia being offered to players to join Norman and his LIV Golf Investments. According to various reports out of Britain, some top players were being offered more than the $120 million Woods has made in career PGA Tour earnings.

See also  HOME WWE star Sasha Banks on attending Eddie Guerrero’s tribute show

Phil Mickelson

Mickelson showed his hand in two interviews published in February. He accused the PGA Tour of “obnoxious greed” while playing in Saudi Arabia, and more incendiary comments followed when Alan Shipnuck published an excerpt of his unauthorized biography on Mickelson.

Mickelson said the Saudis were “scary mother-(expletives) to get involved with,” and then dismissed its human rights atrocities — such as the killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi — by saying it was worth it to gain leverage to make changes on the PGA Tour.

He also said he didn’t care if the Saudi league failed, as long as the tour made changes he wanted.

Mickelson decided last Friday he would not play at Southern Hills, missing out on a chance to be celebrated for his historic win last year at Kiawah Island when at age 50 he became golf’s oldest major champion.

He is the first PGA champion not to defend since Woods was recovering from knee surgery in 2008 and skipped Oakland Hills.

“It’s always disappointing when the defending champion is not here,” Woods said. “Phil has said some things that I think a lot of us who are committed to the tour and committed to the legacy of the tour have pushed back against, and he’s taken some personal time, and we all understand that. But I think that some of his views on how the tour could be run, should be run, been a lot of disagreement there.”

Phil Mickelson

“He’s just taking his time and we all wish him the best when he comes back.”

See also  Tiger Woods spotted using new TaylorMade Stealth driver

Woods, meanwhile, is back and more optimistic than he was a month ago at the Masters. He said those who are close to him were thrilled to see him walk all 72 holes at Augusta National, his first time walking while competing since the Feb. 23, 2021, accident in Los Angeles that shattered bones in his right leg and ankle.

All he could think about the day after was a bad putting week that led to a 78-78 weekend.

“I did not see it that way Monday,” he said. “I was a little ticked I didn’t putt well, and felt like I was hitting it good enough and I wish I had the stamina.”

He said the Monday after the Masters was a tough day of recovery, and then he went right back to work trying to gain strength and endurance.

“It’s better than the last time I played a tournament, which is good,” Woods said.

He is the defending PGA champion at Southern Hills, having won by two shots in 2007 for his 13th of what is now 15 majors. And he barely recognized the course after a restoration project that brought back a few meandering creeks and returned the edges of the putting surfaces so they funnel shots away from the green.

Phil Mickelson

The bigger challenge is the players he is trying to beat, which make up the strongest field of the majors. Woods is 46, and Mickelson showed a year ago that age is only a number. However, Mickelson had been playing a full schedule all along. Woods, with his injuries, would appear to be limited to the four majors this year at most.

See also  TENNIS CANADA CONGRATULATES LEYLAH ANNIE FERNANDEZ ON WINNING THE BOBBIE ROSENFELD AWARD

One help is the nature of the walk. Augusta National is among the toughest in golf. Southern Hills features a sharp drop from the first and 10th tees and tough climb at the end of each nine. Otherwise, it’s a relatively gentle stroll.

“Figured the first mountain you climbed was Everest. That’s the steepest golf course you’re going to play and that was the first one you climbed, and climbed it,” Woods said. “It’s going to get flatter and better.”

Phil Mickelson

He still struggles on certain days. He said it’s never as easy as it might look.

“But I feel like I’m doing better,” he said. “I’m having more days which are better, more positive.”

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

Gavin Rossdale reveals he’s been messaging Tiger Woods’ ex

Published

on

Tiger Woods
Gavin Rossdale reveals he's been messaging Tiger Woods' ex

Gavin Rossdale has revealed he’s been exchanging text messages with Elin Nordegren, the ex-wife of Tiger Woods. The Voice judge said the pair were initially set up by a mutual pal who thinks they’d be a good match. Gavin, 51, told The Sun: “A friend was like, ‘You have to meet Elin. She’s amazing.’ He was trying to connect us. So I’ve texted her a couple of times to say hello. She lives in Florida. She’s a really great girl. But I’ve never met her.”

Tiger Woods

Gavin has three sons – Kingston, ten, Zuna, eight, and three-year-old Apollo – with his ex-wife Gwen Stefani. He admitted that he is under pressure from his boys to find a new partner, but worries that his chaotic home life could prove problematic. “I look at my boys running around the house with Nerf guns and throwing footballs and I think, ‘How would anyone survive?’ I’d be like, ‘Oh, sorry about that – someone’s sat on your sunglasses.’ And for the last two years, not to be with anyone, it’s been really healthy for me.”

Gavin has said his split from Gwen Stefani has given him a new outlook

Tiger Woods

Gavin and Gwen separated in August 2015 after 13 years of marriage. In a previous interview with Us Weekly, the Bush frontman said he felt the split had given him a new outlook on life. “We are all products of nuclear families,” he remarked. “My parents have been married three times each. I’m just a junior. I never thought I would get divorced. But it just happens. All these life things…

See also  Stefanos Tsitsipas comments on Rafael Nadal's 'inspiring comeback'

STORY: Gavin Rossdale – A look back at his past loves

Tiger Woods

“There’s been a lot of pain and sadness. It really teaches you perspective on life. It’s really health, happiness and safety. After that, I don’t know what there is other than that. I’m not sure I’ll ever go at it [marriage] again. I’m trying to be a really good dad and make good records and shoot good TV shows.”

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

What Brad Pitt had to say about Jennifer Aniston before cheating on her with Angelina Jolie

Published

on

Jennifer Aniston
What Brad Pitt had to say about Jennifer Aniston before cheating on her with Angelina Jolie

Brad Pitt betrayed and left his wife of five years, Jennifer Aniston, to later marry Angelina Jolie.

The Ad Astra star was allegedly cheating on Aniston with Jolie, something that came as a shock to everyone around the world.

Jennifer Aniston

Right before his marriage broke with the Friends starlet, Pitt had passed heartwarming comments about her.

Showering Aniston with praises Pitt said, “Her emphasis is the home, friends, and family. We all kind of crowd around her like moths to the flame.”

He told Vanity Fair, “She’s like a magnet; she brings a lot of people together that way. Jen’s the fireplace; she provides the warmth.”

Reiterating his thoughts while talking to Oprah Winfrey, Pitt revealed, “She’s like that fire we crowd around for warmth. This is truly genuine. There’s not an ill-intention bone on this woman’s body. She’s really extraordinary and she’s taught me a lot that way. She brings people that way.”

Jennifer Aniston

Aniston, on the other hand, believed Pitt changed after meeting Jolie on the sets of Mr and Mrs Smith.

At the time, Aniston was reeling with pain as her show Friends was coming to an end.

She admitted that she was not good with families splitting up.

“It was hard to have such a wonderful constant in your life, a place to go every day, and then all of a sudden it’s not there,” Aniston said.

Jennifer Aniston

The actress said she tried to reach out to Pitt for support. Unfortunately, he was no longer there for her.

See also  LeBron James wants his son Bronny in the NBA as soon as possible

“He just wasn’t there for me,” Aniston added.

 

Continue Reading

Health & Lifestyle

US gymnast Simone Biles’ ‘boyfriend’ sends warning to Zac Efron after Olympic superstar shares kiss with her crush

Published

on

Simone Biles
US gymnast Simone Biles' 'boyfriend' sends warning to Zac Efron after Olympic superstar shares kiss with her crush

US gymnast Simone Biles might have loved meeting celebrity crush Zac Efron, but it seems not everyone was impressed.

The 19-year-old superstar, who picked up an astounding four gold medals at the Rio Olympic Games, went gaga over Zac after meeting her crush earlier this week but, Brazilian 22-year-old Arthur Mariano appears to have got a tad jealous as he had a few choice words for the actor.

Simone Biles

Sharing a snap of the pair at the Games, Arthur jokingly wrote: “Hey @zacefron I saw her first… She is my girl.”

“Proud of you Simone! You are phenomal in whole world and special. You made history. Love u” (sic)

While the couple aren’t reportedly together, it’s clear he’s a huge Simone fan and earlier this week wrote: “Congrats BABE! You are doing an amazing job here at the Olympics. The crowd and all Brazilians (including me) love YOU!”

Zac Efron KISSES Simone Biles as Olympic gold medalist finally meets her celebrity crush
undefined
One of the stand out performers of the 2016 Games, the teenager finally got her wish to meet Zac earlier this week as he surprised her live on TV.

The actor posed for a string of SnapChat videos and pictures with the athlete after surprising the United States gymnastics team during an interview on the Today show.

Simone Biles

She’s pretty smitten ( Image: Twitter)
When presenter Hoda Kotb teased Simone about the possibility of meeting Zac, she admitted: “If you bring him out, I think I’m gonna pass out.”

See also  Stefanos Tsitsipas comments on Rafael Nadal's 'inspiring comeback'

Continue Reading